Friday, 8 August 2014

Struggling with motivation and lack of inspiration.

I've had these three lists stuck right on my wall just above my desk so I could see them clearly for a good couple of weeks now. 'Things That Need Doing', 'Blog Planner', 'Illustration: To Do List'. Writing the goals I have to achieve down makes them seem more real to me, having them floating around in my head is no use to me. I have to see them, plus adding colour to the pages helps me focus on the bullet points. I've can say that I've ticked off about six things off all three lists put together. I know I'm rubbish when it comes to getting things done!
I had one of those days where I sat down and written out all the things/goals I needed to achieve by the middle of September before I start my fourth and final year at university. I started off really focused on what needed to be done. Planned my time out between what I had planned for the day ahead. But once I started getting more busy, it would come to sitting down to start something on my list and I just couldn't be bothered to focus on that certain task. I just had no motivation at all. Now that this summer is some how going way to fast for my liking, I need to get myself sorted out and start working on the goals that need doing. And it's hard when your lacking motivation and inspiration.
Question: Have you ever woken up and found that you have no motivation or are lacking inspiration? I think that's how this started for me. One day I was determined to kick everything off and the next everything just went. This has happened to me quite a few times but this time around I've been really stuck in a rut and I just can't get out of it. It totally sucks!!!! I think I'm about ready to tear my hair out, I just can't seem to get out of it. Does anyone have any tips on how to stay motivated or how to get out of a motivationless (probably not a word) rut?
xx
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I know this is completely unrelated but how pretty are the hardback grimm fairy tale books? i've seen people making them into clutches on Etsy and i absolutely adore them!
    Whenever i'm unmotivated i read some heartwarming stories about people who are less fortunate and still manage to like walk 10 miles somewhere just for water, or someone learning to swim with no arms and i'm just like, why can't i do this?! haha you should try it!
    love / jen | jennifer's journal xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, I think we all struggle with a lack of motivation at times! I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady, I am currently facing the exact same problem. Here is a good luck to the both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know exactly what you are talking about!! in my journals i have pages with lists of things i hope to get accomplished and slowly (read: slooooooooowly) getting things checked off! it has taken me much longer because i too have days where i lack motivation! on those days i find it best to just relax! i'm obviously not going to get anything done so i mind as well not beat myself up about it. there is always tomorrow. today i already feel like i've gotten a lot accomplished after taking the weekend to just relax + take it easy. i don't think to-do lists were meant to get accomplished in two days. there will always be to-do lists!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Currently going through the same thing! To-do lists are always something I fall back on :)

    ReplyDelete

© Ashley Jayne Craggs. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig