Sunday, 31 August 2014

Fashion imitating art. Art imitating fashion.

I've been lacking in sharing what I've been up to with my Illustration work as of late. As you know I hit a bit of a speed bump with my motivation and inspiration but I've finally got my drawing mojo back. Happy dance. There is nothing worse than waking up and having no motivation to pick up a pen and start drawing but no worries I’m feeling ready for anything.

If you follow me on either Twitter or Instagram, you would have seen I posted quite a while back that I was unsure on what location to pick for my summer project. A quick sum up of the brief was to illustrate a place that’s significance to me for any reason. I have chosen to illustrate Berlin. I wanted to incorporate fashion into the place that I picked. I didn't want to be cliche, for example somewhere like London or Paris. I love the culture, the urban side of Berlin, the bikes and obviously the fashion. Street art is everywhere.
I wanted to share a couple of pages from my sketchbook. At the beginning I start to look at what places that lay within books I've read that have been significant to me. Books such as Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan.  Those places with always stay with me. Experimenting with my type through some quotes from the books. And messing around with inks and watercolours to create something new that I've never tried before. The ‘location’ type page was something I started to do while watching a film one afternoon just lazily writing the same work over and over again.  

Then I moved onto looking a Berlin. My first attempt at doing some sort of rough for my final piece. My picture references I used where from Pinsterest, I wanted to create a background using street art by applied some acrylic onto my paper. Then worked on top of paint with fine liners to create the illustration of the girl. I think I need to work with a thicker pen on top of the acrylic but that’s why you call it a rough. Also finally got my hands on the Berlin Street Style book, I thought it would be appropriate to buy as I'm doing Berlin for my summer project.

On a side note I'll be away from the 03/09 to the 10/09. I'm going on holiday with my friend, to Florida, which I'm super excited about!! Never in a million years would I have thought I'd be going to America. So if you have any places that we should defiantly visit, leave them in the comment section below. 
xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Ashley Jayne Craggs. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig