Monday, 20 January 2014

We’re All Pretty Bizarre.

// Steals Like An Artist
// The Breakfast Club
I decided to treat myself to a couple of new art books and DVD's that I've been after for ages. I signed up to Amazon Prime before Christmas so that I could get my brothers present in time for Christmas Day. Before my free trail run out and I canceled it, I ordered some stuff I've been eyeing up. 'Steal Like An Artist' is a book I saw Ella from ellamasters.com Instagram a couple of time. So I obviously googled it to see what the book was all about. It's had popped up on my suggestion on Amazon before but I'd never really read what it was about so here's just a small part of the description, 'Steal Like an Artist is a guide whose positive message, graphic look and illustrations, exercises, and examples will put readers directly in touch with their artistic side.'. I've had a quite flick through it and from what I can tell I'm going to really enjoy it. Can't wait to sit down and read it probably. 
What can I say about 'The Breakfast Club'. I've gone to buy the DVD in a series of shops but they only do it in them three films in one DVD kind of things but I've only ever wanted just 'The Breakfast Club' on it's own. I think I got it for £4 something along those lines. I absolutely love this film, even though I only officially watched it for the first time last year after loving the song that was used in 'Pitch Perfect'. It's defiantly up in my top ten films list.  
// Sketchbooks: The Hidden Art of Designers, Illustrators & Creatives
// The Perks of Being a Wallflowers
I'm nosy when it comes to looking at others peoples sketchbooks because one I suck at doing my own sketchbook so I look at other peoples for inspiration, as you do. Out of the many books I have on my 'Want List' on Amazon, I had to buy the one where I get to look at other artists sketchbook. Perfection!! I love looking at how other artist go through their creative process and how they get what's up in their creative minds on to paper. So here's just a small part of the description, 'Sketchbooks provides a revealing glimpse into the inner workings and private inspiration of creatives from the worlds of advertising, design, graphic design, fashion design, art, street art and illustration. The along with the sketchbooks, this book gives readers a direct and unmediated insight into the process of research and creation.'
'The Perks of Being a Wallflowers'. I'm currently reading the book, which I've had sitting on my shelf for a while now. Even though I've watched the film about a thousand time already I really need to read the book. It might change my opinion on the film but if a film has a book to it I normally read the book before I watch the film. Which obviously I didn't do :| Here's just one tiny little problem I have about the film, I don't know how to feel about Emma Watson's american accent, it's here and there for me. You might like it but I just don't know.

“We accept the love we think we deserve.” 
― Stephen ChboskyThe Perks of Being a Wallflower

xx
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. SO much for The Breakfast Club and Steal Like An Artist! I've given them both as gifts + kinda consider them shelf essentials. Really wanna check out 'Sketch Books' now! Thanks for the post - love hearing what others recommend reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry that was meant to say "SO much love for The Breakfast Club..." ...think I got too excited!

      Delete
    2. Haha! First time I've done this sort of post, I think I might do them more often :)
      I can't wait to sit down and read both of them probably. Thanks for reading!!

      Ashley Jayne, xx

      Delete
  2. Literally, two of my favourite films of all time!! And the Perks book is brilliant! Definitely the perfect treat for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really enjoying the The Perks of being a Wallflower book so far! And I'm going to sit down this evening and watch both films :)

      Ashley Jayne, xx

      Delete
    2. What did you think to them? Aren't they both just completely quote worthy?! Xx

      Delete
    3. Love them both! I've had the main song from The Breakfast Club stuck in my head all week, it's so good. Yes, completely quote worthy :) xx

      Delete
  3. I have 3 copys of the breakfast club, it's just the best ever!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100% agree with you, obviously!

      Ashley Jayne, xx

      Delete

© Ashley Jayne Craggs. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig